Monday, May 10, 2010

An *almost* perfect Mother's Day



And the only reason it's an *almost* is because I'm sick. Sick as a dog. And have been since Thursday night. To the point where I've barely gotten out of bed. And when I have gotten out of bed, it's to run to a bathroom!

But back to the "perfect" side of things.

Sunday morning, I got up and went in to get Dominick up. I was trying to let Nick sleep in a little since he had done basically everything since Thursday night, completely on his own. Dommie was all smiles when I went in to get him. We got up and changed his diaper and then went in to jump on Daddy. We played in our room for a bit and then Dommie wanted to play in his room again. I went with him and sat down in the glider. Then Nick called Dommie out to the hall. I closed my eyes for a minute and then heard Dom coming back in.

He was running over to me carrying a card and grinning! It made me smile, he was smiling so big. So I took the card and opened it. As I was reading the card, Nick called Dommie back out to the hall again. I read the card and when I looked up to thank Nick, Dom was running at me with a small bag! I opened the bag and found a great present! $125 gift certificate to the Face and the Body for a massage. I'm so excited to use it. Although I have to wait until I feel well enough to actually enjoy it.

I looked up to thank both of my boys again when Dommie was running at me carrying a bouquet of flowers. This time I didn't just smile. I started to cry. It was so sweet. I don't know when Nick did all of this since he had to take care of me, Dom, the dogs and the house! It was also so sweet because the bouquet was kind of big and Dommie was struggling a bit with carrying them. So cute.

I had such a great Mother's Day. I'm so thankful for my two boys.

That was just my Mother's Day. We also had brunch at my sister's for my Mom and dinner at Nick's sister's for Nick's Mom.

I'm so thankful for my Momma. She's so great and will do anything for us, I know it. She's a great mother and an amazing Grandmother.

I'm also thankful for Nick's Mom. I hear horror stories about people hating their Mother-in-Law's. I don't hate mine at all. Sue is great. She takes care of all of us, and has her hands full with 6 grandkids, but still makes all of them feel special.

Happy (late) Mother's Day to all the Mom's (and soon to be Mom's!) out there! I hope your day was as great as mine was.

No comments: