Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Big Boy

Dominick seemed so old to me today. Not a baby, but a toddler.

Lately he's been going through a Mommy-only stage where he screams if I leave the room. He clings to my legs in the morning while I get ready and wants to be carried everywhere we go. We're trying to break him of his "needs to be carried" everywhere phase right now. He's a good walker. Great even. He's just very clingy.

This week, every day I bring Dom to Ms. Stella's (or La-la's as Dommie calls her!) he clings to me and screams when I put him down. Stella told me that by the time I get to my car, he's fine, and I believe her. He just has his moments lately.

Well today was a different story. I brought him to Stella's and put him down. He immediately went to play with his little friend, Charlie. When I was getting ready to leave, I asked him, "Dommie? Can I have a hug?". He RAN over to me and gave me a big hug. Then I said, "Bye buddy. Be good today". He looked at me, smiled and said, "Bye bye" and then ran off to play with Charlie.

He's getting so big and growing up so fast! Where does the time go....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ohh my gosh that is SO sweet, hard to just realize they are just phases I guess, but Dom is so smart, he knows just what he wants and needs! :)