Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Repeat Dommie

Dominick is so cute now and repeating words all the time now. He doesn't know what all the words mean but he does say them. I guess that's a start!

Yesterday, before the episode, Dommie and I went to the grocery store. When we were walking from the car to the store, Dommie pointed to a car and said, "UH" his word/sound he uses for anything and everything.

I told him it was a "car". Dommie looked at me, looked at the car and said, "Car!". I got so excited that he got so excited and he started pointing to all vehicles and saying "Car!" at all of them. I kept telling him how smart he was.

Then he looked at a bike and said, "Car!". I told him, "No, buddy. That's a bike. Can you say bike?" and Dominick looked at me and said, "bike!".

I cheered him on and told him how smart he was again.

Then he started calling everything "Bike" and "Car" and it didn't matter what it was!

So he doesn't quite know what certain words mean yet, but he can say them! One step at a time. :-)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey you, am I still watching he lil repeater tomorrow??