Monday, May 3, 2010

Mom's Birthday

Saturday was my Momma's birthday. So we made a day of it.

My mom came to my house at 7:40 for our weekly weight watchers meeting. After our meeting, we headed to my sister's house with Dom. After we got there, we ALL (Angela, Cecilia, Mom, Dom and me) piled into my mom's car and drove to Forest Park. Saturday was the first day where they were closing streets to walkers/joggers/bikers, etc. I think there are 4 more scheduled for this summer.

So we started at Forest Park and started walking. We walked 6 miles! It was a lot of fun just talking and seeing our beautiful city.

We ended up in the Central West End and went to Duff's for lunch. It was such great food!

Afterward, we dropped Angie off, mom dropped me off and she headed home.

It was a simple but really fun birthday celebration!

PS - side note, while at lunch, my sister sneaked in to tell the waitress it was my Mom's birthday and see if they had any desserts or anything. The waitress replied, "Sure. I can bring out some ice cream. Which one is your mom?"

WHAT?? Excuse me?? I think my mom looks FANTASTIC but do I honestly look old enough to have a 34 year old daughter??? I certainly hope not!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Megs do you nkow a website or sometihng that might have the other dates for this? I would love to go walk around during one of those dates this summer, I just googled and didnt have any luck.