Monday, August 9, 2010

Busy Weekend

We were so busy this weekend...and I'm exhausted today. Friday night, we went to dinner over at Nick's mom's house. We got over there about 6 and stayed until around 9. It was a good dinner. Nick grilled some steaks, Sue made some corn and salad, and I cut up some of our fresh fruit from the food co-op. It was plenty of food and we were stuffed. We got home and put Dom straight to bed and went to bed ourselves.

Saturday was busy. We got up Saturday morning and decided to go out to breakfast. We usually go out for breakfast at least once a weekend. We try to eat in the rest of the week but one breakfast is something we'll never change. So we headed to Bob Evans (our favorite breakfast place). We had a BIG breakfast and then went home. I dropped Dom and Nick off at the house and then I ran to Target. We had a wedding to go to that night and the reception was going to be outside and I was nervous about the heat. I needed something cool to wear.

I ran in to Target and found nothing in the regular clothes section, so I headed to the maternity section. I thought, why not? I'll need it anyway and if I can find something that works now too, might as well get it. Well I found two things. I found a black/white shirt and a sun dress. I'm in love with the sun dress. I might start wearing it all the time. I really might. I think I'm going to wear it to the Muny tonight. Anyway,

so we went to the wedding at 1:00. Dominick was a stinker the whole ceremony. At the beginning, it was my turn and me and Dom ran around outside. We played and chased and jumped and flat wore me out. Then it was Nick's turn. I don't even know where they went or what they did. I couldn't find them after the mass! But we survived and we headed home for a much needed nap and some lunch. We stopped at Jimmy John's (best sandwich place ever) for lunch and then home where the three of us took a deserved nap.

We woke up around 4:30 and had to scramble to get ready. We dropped Dom off at his Nani's house around 5:30 and headed north to the reception. Now the father of the bride (my Dad's first cousin) is known for wearing Hawaiian shirts. He wears them everywhere. So my Dad wanted to get some people to wear Hawaiian shirts to the wedding reception. I bought Nick a cheap one at Target but Nick was really self conscious. He made me call my Mom to confirm that other people would be wearing Hawaiian shirts and he told me that if he was the only one, he was leaving and I'd have to walk home.

Well not only was Nick NOT the only one in the Hawaiian shirt, but the people who weren't wearing Hawaiian shirts were in the minority! It seemed like everyone had the same idea! People were even wearing shorts and sneakers! The reception was on the ice rink at Florissant Civic Center (without the ice of course) and it was really spacious! Also, Big Dave (the father of the bride) knows my Dad really well and knows he's a big guy who gets very hot very easily and needs a lot of space. When we got to the reception, there was a table on the edge that was away from the rest of the tables with a big sign that said "BIG STEVE'S TABLE" on it. It had a huge fan pointing right at the table and it had a sign that said "BIG STEVE'S BIG FAN". It was awesome!

The whole reception was nice. The food was good (catered by my Dad and Big Dave's restaurant 'Cugino's') and the music was fun. The bar was all the way in the corner but if you were drinking soda or bud light, there were big tubs all around the rink filled with beer, soda and bottled water, so we never had to wait in line!

We were extra lucky that Nani kept Dom overnight, so we went home and straight to bed after the wedding!

Sunday morning was a little busy again. We picked up Dom around 9 am and then went to Bread Company for a quick bagel. After breakfast, we headed out to a man's house who I found on Craigslist. We've been wanting to buy a cow with my sister and Andrew, but had no extra freezer space. We found one on Craigslist and went out to look at it. It was perfect! We paid the man and loaded it up and went home.

That was enough work for the day. The rest of Sunday was all about relaxing (and getting sick if you were me, but we won't talk about that).

All in all, it was a good weekend! Busy, buy good!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

you DORK you know my dad would of given you guys a terrific deal on meat right?!?!? ha~