Thursday, August 26, 2010

My wonderful husband

Nick has been so great about me going back to school. He's just amazing. No other word for it.

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love school. I literally can't get enough. My fall semester started on Monday. I'm taking one online class (Human Growth and Development Across the Life-span) and one Saturday class with a lab (Anatomy and Physiology I). I know that AAPI is going to be a tough class. I know that. So I'm trying to work ahead as much as possible. On Saturday we are discussing chapter one. I've decided that for each week, I'm going to read and take my own notes for each chapter and then the lecture should be easier, make more sense and I won't need to take as many notes. I'm halfway through reading and taking notes on Chapter 1.

For my online class there is no structure at all. We have to take 20 tests, 1 final exam, reply to 15 discussion questions and write 25 mini essays on various stages of development in biology. All of this is done completely online and there is only one deadline. All work must be done by December 3. Well, hell. I hate no structure. That gives me the opportunity to be lazy and not do anything until the last minute, when it's far too late to withdraw. So I'm making my own schedule. I'm making myself take one test a week. Right now I am halfway through Chapter one. It doesn't help that each chapter in this book is over 40 pages long. But I'm working on it.

Nick has been great so far. Since I do a little homework every day, he's been so great at just taking over Dom's care. He makes his dinner, reads him books, plays with him, and lets me study. It's been great. I know that a semester is a long time so hopefully we can keep working together to make sure that Dom gets the right amount of attention, I get the right amount of study time and Nick gets the right amount of time "off duty".

I guess only time will tell but right now, 3 days in, my fall semester is going great! :-)

No comments: