Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dr. Appointment

I haven't gone yet. My appointment is this afternoon. But I'm really nervous all of a sudden. I'm not really sure why.

I'm still feeling sick a lot. So I think that's a good sign. I also have a TON of acne. I think that's a good sign too. I'm sure everything is fine. But I can't help being nervous.

Nick asked me after our first positive test if I could "calm down" and be excited. I told him no. That after we had our first ultrasound and saw a heartbeat he asked me if I could relax. I told him no again. I had to see another ultrasound and make sure the heart was beating faster. Then we had our second ultrasound and saw an amazing fast beating heart. Nick told me, "Now you can relax". I told him, Probably not.

I think it's inevitable that I'm going to worry for at least part or maybe even most of this pregnancy. I think I'm just a worry-wart by nature. :) And that's ok.

I have my appointment with the doc today, where I doubt we'll do anything too special. I'm guessing they'll try and listen to the heartbeat through the doppler. They'll take my weight and record it since I haven't been there yet and need to make sure I don't gain too much or too little. And that's probably it.

Tomorrow is my ultrasound. That is where I'll "calm down" for at least a week. :) Once we can see that little bean moving and a heart beating, I'll relax for a little bit.

Until then, I'll keep worrying, because that's what I do best.

No comments: