Monday, December 29, 2008

Am I being a Baby??

So here we are on Monday. I felt fine all weekend long. Just tired and typical pregnant stuff. But last night I started feeling "off" again. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I was tossing and turning and feeling kind of sick. This morning was especially rough. I felt tired and a little sick and like I was having cramps all morning. I attributed this to having to get up and go to work after a 4 day weekend.

I got to work at 8 a.m. and everything was going ok until around 8:30. That's when my first contraction of the day hit. I wrote it down. Then I had another at 8:35. Then 8:40. I've been timing them since. I've had a contraction every 4-8 minutes all morning and they've lasted anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 minute 45 seconds.

What do I do?? I know I should call the doctor. But I feel like they will tell me to come in. Then I'll come in and they will say that I'm still not progressing and that I'm just a big baby. I'm afraid they will tell me to go home and come back when I'm really in labor. But how do I know?? I wish I had done this before. Or I wish that my water would just break so I would know for sure. I wish that there was a clear cut sign to tell me what to do.

I'm supposed to go out to lunch with my boss since this week will be my last week. We're going to my favorite restaurant. But I can't even look forward to that right now because I feel awful.

I just talked to Nick. He told me to call the doc and do what they say. I guess that's what I'll do. I just feel like such a big baby, always having to call in. I will be so thankful (for many many reasons) when Dominick is finally here and I can stop second guessing myself on all the labor questions.

I'll just start second guessing myself on all the parenting questions...

2 comments:

Crystal Mueller said...

Did you call the doctor? What did he/she say?

Anonymous said...

hey meg- i don't know if you remember me from ttc girlfriends, but i've been reading your blog, living vicariously, i guess ;) the problem with a blog though, is that it only gets updated when you have time... so i've been anxiously waiting to see how you are! update when you can. i hope dominick isn't here yet, but if he is, i hope you are both healthy and happy!