Monday, December 22, 2008

Dr. Appointment

I had a dr. appointment today. My doctor is actually out of town so I saw the nurse today. It was an interesting appointment.

We did the normal stuff. Went over my weight gain (supposedly I gained another 2 lbs - in a week - but I was wearing my heavy coat and boots so I blame most of that 2 lbs. on that!) and went over my blood pressure and stuff like that. Everything looked good. I met with the diabetic nurse and my blood sugar numbers are finally getting under control. Finally! We listened to the heartbeat - in the 140's. And then we just talked. She asked me how I was feeling in general and I told her that I've been having contractions since last Wednesday and that I had at least one during my non-stress test (NST) last Friday. She decided to check into that and saw my NST results.

I actually had more than one contraction during the NST. I had three big contractions in 28 minutes! So this concerned her a bit. She told me to keep track of my contractions and if they get to be more than 5 or 6 an hour, to call the dr. office. Tomorrow during my NST, I'm supposed to tell the nurse to call her with the results while I'm still there. If I continue to have contractions like this then I will be put on medicine and put on bed rest. She said she isn't overly concerned since I am almost 35 weeks, but she wants Dominick to stay in a little longer.

She asked how long I intend on working and I told her I wanted to work until the last possible minute. She asked when the earliest I thought I could stop working was and I told her I had to finish out the 2008 year to do all the month end stuff if I can. She told me to plan on next week being my last week and if I get bad results tomorrow then tomorrow could be my last day. She told me that I should go into the doctor tomorrow being fully prepared to be put on full bed rest.

I'm not sure what to feel about this. Of course I'll do ANYTHING for the safety of Dominick and if bedrest is what it takes, then I'll do that, but I'd rather be able to be working and getting things done.

I guess we'll just take it one day at a time and see what happens at the NST tomorrow.

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Crystal Mueller said...

Oh my gosh. We may be in the exact same boat! Well, I certainly hope they do not put you on bed rest tomorrow! Keep me updated!!! If they put you on medicine, let me know which one. I am on Procardia.

Ashley said...

Good Luck Megs... Just remember your due date is right around the corner so even if you are on bed rest it wont be for too long. And it will be for the saftey of Dominick!
Let us all know what happens sweeite! Love you!