Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day #2

Today was my second day of bed rest and it wasn't bad at all. I had a dr. appointment this morning at 9:40. So the morning was no rest at all. I got up, got ready and left for the doctor. Unfortunately my doc was the only one in the office and on call for the women's evaluation unit. So he was running WAY behind. I finally got called back around 11:00. They weighed me in (I lost 6 lbs since last week because of the flu) so I'm back to 7 lbs net weight gain. And they listened to Dominick's heart rate (in the 150's). When the doc came in he checked me for dilation. I'm still just 1 cm dilated and he felt my belly. He told me that I'm "all" belly and this baby is big. He still wants to wait and see if I go into active labor on my own but my blood pressure is starting to get high so next week we might start talking about an induction date. Not any time really soon but at least get something set up in case I don't go into labor on my own. The most exciting news that the doctor gave me was that I'm not on complete bed rest. He told me that since I'm about 36 weeks, there's no need to be on complete bed rest. He doesn't want me working and I need to basically take it easy, but I can do things in moderation. So that's exciting.

I left the doctor at 11:30 and decided to call Nick and see if he wanted to go to lunch. I drove to Arnold, where he's working right now, and we had a good lunch. Then I went to the grocery store, walgreens and dropped a few letters off at the mailbox down the street. After that, I was exhausted. I laid on the couch the rest of the afternoon until about 5 minutes ago when I started this post!

Tonight we are headed to my sister's house to have dinner and have a relaxing New Year's Eve. Neither of us want to drink (or can't :P ) so going to her house right down the street is perfect. Andrew's making his famous home made pizza and we'll just relax and hang out. I'm very excited about tonight.

I hope everyone else has a great and SAFE New Year's Eve!!

No comments: