Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Christmas Spirit

I'm starting to get into it...about time, right? As it's December 24th and Christmas Eve!

The last few weeks have been hard. I've been very uncomfortable and tired a lot. We've been trying to get the house perfect for company. Trying to pick out the best presents to give everyone. And totally losing sight of what Christmas is all about. I'm starting to look at things differently. If the house isn't perfect for company, they'll forgive me. If the present I give someone isn't exactly what they want, they'll live. I'm starting to get back into the Christmas spirit.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Even though it will be busy in the morning and I'm sure I'll get stressed out again tomorrow morning. Because let's be real, it's me, I get stressed over almost anything. And I always end up fine. So tomorrow will be no different.

Luckily Nick and I have the BEST family in the entire world. Sorry to all the other families out there, but ours really is the best. ;-)

My mom and dad are coming over early tomorrow to help us get everything set up and ready. My sister (who isn't even coming because it's their year to do stuff with her husband's family) is doing so much. She's lending us a table and chairs. She offered to run to the store for me. She's being an ANGEL! Nick's mom and sister have both offered to host Christmas for us if I'm not up to it. I appreciate that so much, but I really think I am up to it. Nick's whole family has offered to bring food to help, and they are all doing that. Thank goodness!

And Nick?? Nick is being absolutely amazing. Seriously. I don't know how he has the patience and drive right now. Last night, we had a basement flooding issue...it wasn't looking pretty for awhile. Nick worked on that basically all night. I fell asleep around 9 while he was working on it. I woke up to him climbing into bed at 1:00 a.m. He had fixed the leaking, had cleaned a lot of the upstairs (including our bedroom where no one will even be!), put in a new light fixture in the stairwell, painted the baseboards and ceiling upstairs by the baby's room, took out the trash, etc. etc. He's amazing. I try to help, I honestly do. But after standing for about 15 minutes, I need a break. I do much better sitting down. If there are things to do while sitting, I'll take care of those!

We still have stuff to do tonight before we are officially ready for tomorrow, but I have a new outlook on things. We'll get it done. No worries. Tonight will be perfect at my Grandpa's. And tomorrow will be perfect at our house. Perfect, I tell ya!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!

No comments: