Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holy Leg Cramp!

I've had a few leg cramps, here and there, but nothing too bad. I've even had the annoying little toe cramps, where you can't walk normal because your toes hurt so bad, but again, nothing I can't handle...until last night.

I woke up around 3:30 in the morning, crying and almost screaming from a pain in my lower right leg. I was completely out of it, after sleeping for a few hours prior to this and couldn't even think straight. Nick woke up, obviously, and was holding my leg for me. I had to hold my leg up, because if I brought it down I had horrible pain. He told me to stretch, but having just woken up I didn't think it was a leg cramp at all. I was absolutely convinced that I had a blood clot in my leg that was going to burst and I was going to die. I wish I was kidding, but that was my thought process at 3:30 this morning. Nick finally convinced me to stand up and when I did at first I couldn't walk. I'm telling you, this was one of the worst pains I've ever felt in my entire life (good luck with labor then, right?!?) but after taking a few steps, I woke up, realized it was a leg cramp and was able to stretch it out. I went to the bathroom (again...for like the third time since going to bed at 11:00) and was able to go back to sleep.

I'm telling you - I wanted to be pregnant so badly. We tried and tried to get pregnant and I kept saying to Nick, "I'll deal with morning sickness for 9 whole months and I won't sleep and I'll deal with gaining all the weight. I just want to be pregnant!". I'm very thankful that I'm pregnant. Honestly I am. I know what it's like to try and try and keep finding out that it didn't work this month. That's tough. But this whole pregnancy thing is not easy either. I'm enjoying every minute of this journey. Even the minutes while I'm complaining. Honestly. But I will be very relieved when I don't have to go to the bathroom every two hours. And when I don't have to watch my blood sugar so closely. And when I don't need Nick to help me get up off the couch. I know that having a child is no easy feat either. He will be work and I'm completely willing and ridiculously excited for that next step. But I really really can't wait to NOT be pregnant anymore!!

I'm almost 33 weeks. The end is in sight...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

The end is definitly in sight your DUE next MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BTW this might be your last game night for a while :(

Crystal Mueller said...

Oh my gosh,
I read your first two paragraphs, and I actually thought I had written them and somehow accidently posted them on YOUR blog. That is how tired and crazy my mind has been lately. The EXACT same thing happenned to me on Monday night. My lower right leg. It was as horrible as you described it. I know - after that pain - I just kept thinking, how in the WORLD will I get through birth?