Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finally Some Sleep!

Last night was an interesting night. Nick, Dom and I went to my sister and Andrew's for dinner and to just hang out. Dom slept almost the whole time. We left there around 8:00 and went home. He slept at home until around 9:30 when I decided we should try to feed him and put him to bed. Nick told me that he'd feed him for me so I could take a shower (thank goodness!) so I left him and Dom in the nursery. After my shower I went in to see how things were going and Dom was a handful. He was screaming his poor little head off. Nick was still holding him too, which was weird because usually he's happy while we are holding him and just starts screaming when we put him down. Not this time. He was very unhappy.

Finally, after we were sure he was fed, clean and not hurt in any way, we decided to let him cry. We went to bed and I turned the monitor off (we don't really need it since we share a wall with him and can hear him cry without it) and I set my alarm. I set my alarm for 3 hours after he started eating the last time so I wouldn't miss feeding him if he were hungry. When the alarm went off at 12:40 a.m. I turned the monitor back on and sure enough he was screaming. So I made a bottle and went in.

After he finished the bottle, he went back down pretty easily. He made a few noises but he was not too fussy. So I went back to bed (it was about 1:15) and set my alarm for 3:45 a.m. When that alarm went off, I turned the monitor on and all I could hear was his "sleep sound machine". So I left the monitor on and went back to bed. Dominick didn't wake up until almost 6:30 a.m. then! Holy cow - 5+ hours of sleep!! Finally!

It was amazing. I really really hope he does that again tonight and it wasn't just a tease...I'll keep you posted! ;-)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Poor baby was exhausted from crying! But I hope you get some good sleep again and hopefully he will start to "get" the routine!