Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ziploc Omelet

Has anyone gotten this email lately?? I got an email from my friend Ashley that talked about a ziploc omelet and it had pictures on how to make an omelet in a ziploc bag. It looked good but I'm always skeptical about forwards. So I decided to try this one out. It actually turned out SO good! So here's pictures of my experiment along with the recipe if you want to try it out.

First you have to have quart sized ziploc bags. I don't know if it really matters...but I don't like to deviate too much from recipes so we used quart sized bags. Next put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a "rolling" boil. Then you crack two eggs into a ziploc. Shake the bag really good to break the eggs apart (you can whisk the eggs in a bowl and pour them into the bags but where's the fun in that?). Then you add whatever ingredients you want. Cheese, ham, bacon, mushrooms, peppers, onions are the ingredients that we used and can say are delicious. After the bags are all shaken up put them into the pot of boiling water. Leave them in there for about 13 minutes. Then CAREFULLY take the bag out of the boiling water and open it up and roll the omelet out. Finally, enjoy because it's delicious!!

Here's some pictures:



1 comment:

Ashley said...

YAY I havnt tried it yet either but now I knwo I need to! :) Thanks for the post and pics!