Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kickball!!

Some of you know this but for those who don't, Nick and I play on a kickball team every spring. For those of you who don't know this, you might think we are crazy, but the truth is kickball is the best sport ever and playing is amazing. We love it and look forward to kickball season every year. Today was our first day of the spring season.

Technically I couldn't play yet since I haven't had my 6 week post partum checkup yet and haven't gotten the "ok" to work out again. So I was going to watch and cheer. My mom came along since Nick, my sister and her husband all play too. She helped watch the kiddos while the game was going on. At the start of the game, we didn't have enough girls to play yet so I was added to the lineup. So mom had both kids by herself. They were both fine and it would have been fine except we had a mini storm right at the end of the first game. It was pouring and hailing. Luckily mom was there. My sister and mom packed up the kids while I packed up the rest of our stuff and they rushed to one of the cars. They got Cecilia in my sister's car and she stayed with Cecilia while my mom rushed Dom to my car. We got the kids in the car and my mom, Cecilia, Dom and I headed to my sister's house while the rest of the team played through the rain.

We are so lucky my mom came! We weren't going to ask her to because we thought I could handle both kids but there is NO way I could've gotten both of them out of there!

I was pretty bummed I didn't get to see the second game (because they did still play. After about 10 minutes of rain and hail, the sun came back out!) but getting Dom home and out of the rain is my first priority. I hope my mom can come again next week to help out! I can't wait to start playing again.

After the game, Angela, Andrew and Nick came back to my sister's and we hung out there for a bit. It's been a great Sunday and I'm so glad it's finally kickball season again! Go Sue!! (That's our team name, FYI!)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

YAY! Let me know if you need a back up girl or guy, we would love to come! XOXO