Friday, March 6, 2009

Such a sweet husband

This past week, Nick has been on a different job than normal. Just for the week. It's a lot more work. He's been coming home absolutely exhausted. I feel so bad for him as he falls asleep on the couch sitting up. And he's still doing so much for us and other people. Last night we went to his brother's new house to look at some electrical stuff. We went to dinner after that and didn't get home until almost 10. I told him to go up to bed but he insisted on sitting with me while feeding Dominick one last time before bed. He fell asleep sitting up.

This isn't the sweet part. Dominick fell asleep during that last feeding and since Nick was sleeping I let them both sleep for a little bit before waking Nick up and heading upstairs to our bedrooms. When I did wake him up, Dominick woke up and wanted to finish that last ounce in his bottle. So Nick went to bed while I finished feeding Dom and put him to bed.

Ok that wasn't the sweet part either. I'm getting to it now! After I put Dominick to bed I went into our room to get ready for bed. When I finally climbed into bed I thought Nick was sleeping. He wasn't. He asked me for a good night kiss. After I gave him a kiss he told me "thank you". I was confused. I said, "for what?". He told me, for everything. He told me that he knows it's hard work all day with a 6 week old (Yes Dom is 6 weeks old today!) and lately when he's come home he's been too tired to do much so I've literally been taking care of Dom almost alone all day long. He told me that I am a great mommy and he thinks I am doing a great job. It made me want to cry! I don't mind taking care of him all day and night by myself. I know that Nick is working right now and working very very hard for us. I want him to hold Dom when he gets home but I don't want him to feel like he has to do everything just because I had him all day.

That small bit of appreciation last night made me realize how great our relationship is and how perfect our family is now with Dominick in it.

I'm so lucky to have such a great husband and son!

No comments: