Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thumb Sucker!!

Dominick has discovered his thumb...I think it's absolutely adorable. I know some people disagree. Nick and I are ok with this for right now for a few reasons. To us, it's not much different from a pacifier. I know, I know. You can take a pacifier away. But in the middle of the night, he loses his pacifier and it wakes him up and he gets upset. Now that he's sucking his thumb (and it's not that often that he does it) he can soothe himself and fall back asleep with his thumb. I want him to be able to soothe himself right now. I know many people who had thumb suckers who grew out of it. So we're letting him do it for now. When he gets older we might have to worry about it and if he doesn't grow out of it, I'll take full blame for letting him do it. But look how adorable he is!!



(Also - I know this sounds rude, but please don't leave me negative comments on how bad it is to let your baby suck their thumb. I've already had to deal with a ton of this and we've made our parenting decision on this one. Thanks!)

2 comments:

Ben and Whitney Evely said...

Haha, I love your "also" note. Keep it up! If that's what you decided, I think it's great. And personally, I wish Aidyn would find his too, haha, for the nights. :) He doesn't sleep with a pacifier much...BUT when he does and he loses it, he also wakes up crying. It's hard to believe they are 7 weeks old!

Ashley said...

I know I know... I am not a parent technically yet... BUT I dont think you should take any ones parenting advice! Everyone and everyones kids are completly different.

TOO Cute Megs!