Friday, June 18, 2010

Southern Cross

A friend of mine, Molly, her husband, Patrick, (did that make sense) is in a band called Southern Cross. They are a cover band that performs Country songs with a Rock attitude. I had never heard/seen them before but I got a Facebook invite from Patrick (the lead singer) to come and see a free concert at Union Station's water bridge.

I (and Dominick) am a huge music fan and love all the concerts around St. Louis. So I called my sister to see if she and Cecilia wanted to go too. They did, so the four of us headed to Union Station.

I packed a cooler (with way too much stuff) of water, soda, grapes, and cheese, and we picked a bench by the stage and settled in. The music was great!! We were really impressed with the group. The kids liked it too, but there was so much stuff for them to look at that they got a little distracted and Union Station isn't the safest place for young kids.

After an hour, we had to go home because we couldn't keep up with the kids anymore. But I got a few pictures before we packed up (and I stole one from Patrick's facebook page).


This is a pic of the band setting up (and the one I stole from Patrick!)




Here's a few pics of Ang and the kids eating some grapes.





And two pics of how fascinated Dom was of the fish. He was smart enough to bend down and not just try and walk into the water or anything, but he wanted to "pet" the fish, and I was getting nervous he would get too close to actually touching the fish!

After trying to pet the fishies and trying to act like the big boys next to us who were jumping down 4 steps at a time, we had to call it a night.

I definitely recommend Southern Cross and I can't wait to see them again!!

No comments: