Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30x30 change

So I changed one of my 30x30 goals...ok I changed two. And I still need a 30th!

The first one I changed was the Full Marathon goal. This is still a goal of mine, I swear. But it's not going to happen before I'm thirty. Training for a full marathon takes time...a LOT of time. And it's just not going to happen with going to school and having two small children. So that got changed. Instead I think I'd like to do an indoor triathlon like Nick did. It's something I think I can do. And who knows, maybe I'll love it and keep doing them to get new better times.

The second one I changed was the no caffeine one. I still haven't had caffeine since January 5th so I'm on my 20th day of ZERO caffeine. But after a long talk with my sister, she doesn't think it's worth it for me to do this one. She was telling about various studies that show that caffeine isn't bad for you and can even be good for you. Especially a little caffeine before a workout, etc. So I changed that one. I still won't be drinking caffeine while I'm pregnant (or at least limiting it a lot) but I'm not giving it up for a year. And I'm happy with this.

Instead, I'm going in a whole new direction. Instead I'm going to attempt to try every beer on Growlers Pub's list of beers. They have 131 beers and you can get a card that lists them all. When you get one, you get a stamp for that beer. I'm going to sample all 131 before I turn 30. :) So I kind of went in a different direction here but I'm ok with that.

And I still need a 30th goal....

I'll keep thinking on this one!


PS - I just started looking at my goals and was trying to plan some out. For example, I looked up how to get Ellen tickets (http://ellen.warnerbros.com/tickets/) and I was thinking of surprising Nick and going to Chicago this summer for our 6 year anniversary of our engagement. I was going to look up first class tickets and get us reservations at the Signature Room. Knock two off my list at once...well 2 first class tickets for July 22nd 2011 from St. Louis to Chicago would cost me just $1,091.00 per person....so I might need to rethink my 19th goal....

No comments: