Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sick...

of being sick...Well I'm not SICK sick, but I'm nauseas and feel gross. I took a sick day yesterday since I was up most of Tuesday night feeling ill or getting ill. Tuesday day was better. Lots of sleeping on the couch and watching old Iron Chef episodes.

Unfortunately, when you take a day off of work, you don't get a day off of being a mom. I still had to bring Dom to daycare (which went great actually, he was very good in the morning) and I still had to make his dinner and play with/watch him play at night. I love being a mom, I absolutely do. But sometimes you just want to lay down and do NOTHING.

Luckily last night was a pretty good night. He played in his big boy room. He played on his roller coaster. He did some puzzles. He read some books. He even didn't fight us on going to bed. So he was good. But I still felt awful. And I still just wanted to lay on the couch.

I think I've turned a corner. I'm at work today and that's a big improvement. I'm hoping to feel 100% by tomorrow night. It's my birthday dinner (and my friend Michelle's birthday dinner and my cousin Adam's birthday dinner - lots of January birthdays!) at a sushi place nearby. I'm looking forward to it.

And I'll get to sleep in on Saturday! Nick's mom is watching Dom overnight Friday night. :) Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: