Thursday, January 27, 2011

Patience

Or lack thereof.

My sister is 5 measly days from her due date on February 1. We thought for sure she'd have this baby early. Cecilia was almost 3 weeks early and the second baby typically comes sooner and faster than the first...but not this baby apparently.

She is so ready to have this baby girl. With Cecilia she was an exercising queen. In fact, Cecilia was born on a Saturday and the Thursday before, my sister did 45 minutes on the elliptical at the Y (which she did regularly throughout the whole pregnancy; yes, she was crazy). This time she hasn't done as much, since she's got a 2 year old, she's working full time, going to school, teaching a class, etc. And I think she's more tired because of it. At least that's how I feel. I'm not exercising as much and I'm WAY more tired this time around...(although I never worked out at the Y regularly with Dom either, so who really knows).

She's also never been this pregnant, so she's just ready in general.

She had a doctor appointment a few days ago and they did an ultrasound to check the growth of the baby. She was 3 cm dilated and the baby weighed "approximately" 8 lbs 9 oz. I say "approximately" in quotes because ultrasound weights are seldom accurate. There is usually a discrepancy higher or lower somewhere. But you never know. And I was thinking about it. Dominick was born one week early and was 8 lbs. 9 oz. So this baby could be that big.

Now the title of this post has nothing to do with Angela. I keep having to tell myself that I need patience (and obviously I have none). I keep calling/emailing her to see if anything has changed. So far, nothing.

I think I need to stop doing that though because I'm making her MORE anxious I think!

So until I get the phone call that her Baby A (yup, it's an A name too!) is on the way, I'll have to at least pretend to have patience...

I can do that.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

good luck and best wishes to your sis, how exciting that you get to be an aunt again! :)