Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spring Semester Begins

So last night was my first class back in school for the semester. It was actually a really good class.

I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology II this semester and it means once a week. Tuesday nights. It was really tough in the morning when I left and gave Dominick a big kiss and said,

"Bye Buddy!! I love you! And I'll see you tomorrow."

Tomorrow?? It was a tough. I missed him more than I thought I could during the day. I usually don't see him all day but knowing I wouldn't see him that night was tough.

But back to my school story.

I left work about 4:10 and went to my parents house. Since class starts at 5:30, there's no point to going home first. So I got to my parents and heated up some of their leftovers for my dinner (with permission of course) and had some dinner. I wanted to head to class early since I wasn't sure which classroom we were in, so I only stayed at my parents until about 5:10.

I headed up to school found my classroom pretty easily. I decided to go to the bathroom before class, and of course, the only bathroom is on the whole other side of the building...not so great for a 30 week pregnant chica! But c'est la vie. I went to the bathroom and went back to my classroom.

Class was great! I'm really glad I'm still taking the class. The teacher is awesome. He's already posted our lecture outlines on Blackboard so we have all the notes. He told us if it's not on the outline and he didn't specifically tell us to add anything onto it during class, then it won't be on the exam. So we already have our study guides. Sweet!

The only bad part of class was my giant cup that I carry around with water somehow exploded and covered my book, notebook, pencil case, etc. in water. And I loved that cup! It was quite the mess, but I got it cleaned up with a little help from my classmates and all was well again. I'll have to find another cup though...it's one of those big ones that holds 32 oz of water with a big straw...I miss it already. :)

After lecture for 2 hours, we headed to the lab. We went over some models and did some histology. And then he let us go home...at 9:00 pm! He told us that he's going to try and get us out by 8:30 every night and 9 at the absolute latest. Awesome! Sounds good to me!

We'll have 4 lecture exams and 3 lab practicals. That's it. No quizzes, no homework, no extra credit. But I think I can do it. We already have the study guides. We should be fine.

I'm very happy I didn't drop it and I hope it continues to go as well as last night went!

1 class down, 15 to go!

No comments: