Monday, January 24, 2011

Dominick's 2nd Birthday!!

Holy Cow, I have a 2 year old.

I was talking to someone about my birthday a few weeks ago and that person asked me if I felt "old". I told them that my age didn't make me feel old. The fact that I have a 2 year old and another baby due in just a few months makes me feel old. I still think of myself as being right out of college. When in fact, I've been out of college 5 years almost. I've been married for 5 years this September. I have a 2 year old. I'm about to have a newborn. I have a mortgage. I have a job.

Holy cow, I'm a grown up. :)

But enough about how old I am, and let's talk about how old Dominick is! He's TWO!

We had his family birthday party on Saturday (a day early). When I picked him up Saturday (he stayed at his Nani's Friday night so Mommy and Daddy could finish the bathroom) I asked him how old he was. He said, "one!". I said, "No silly. Now you're two!". He said, "No two. I'm one!". And then I had to stand down, because he was right! On Saturday he was still one. ;-)

He still doesn't quite "get" his birthday yet. When people showed up at our house yesterday they would walk up to Dom and say, "Happy Birthday Dom!" and he would reply, "Happy Birthday ____!" to whoever he was talking to! It was pretty cute.

He had a BLAST hanging out with cousins and just running around.

We ate brunch first. I had sausage, egg and cheese breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, fruit salad, Caesar salad, and baked potato soup. It was pretty good if I may say so myself!

After brunch, everyone just hung out for a bit. The kids destroyed the basement ;-) and the adults talked upstairs. I decided before it got to be too late, we should go downstairs and watch the DVD I made. I don't know if you all remember but Nick's sister and her husband do a birthday DVD of the kids. It shows a picture slideshow set to music and it's really neat. It's like a virtual photo album and I loved the idea. So I made one for Dom's birthday last year. I decided to stick with it and we did another DVD this year too. Unfortunately, when we got Ruby last year, she ate our camera cord (remember that fiasco??) so there were a LOT of pictures that were either Dominick alone, or pictures I took from my sis or my mom. So not a lot of pictures with the cousins. BUT we'll work on that this year for Dom's 3rd birthday DVD! :)

After the DVD we went back upstairs for cake and presents. Dominick got to pick out his cake this year, could you tell? He wanted an Elmo cake. So Elmo is what Dom got.





Henry, Kailey, Addison, Dominick,
Sophia and Cecilia (we were missing a Jilly for this picture).


We got a few pictures with the cousins before singing and cutting the cake and then we sang to the Salami.

He loved the singing. He tried to sing along but didn't know all the words. After we were done he clapped along with everyone else. He blew out his candle (with a little help from Mommy) and then clapped some more. I just love this picture of how excited he is! :)

He LOVED eating his cake too. McArthur's cake is SO good I don't blame him! Nick and I were left with about 5 pieces after the party and let's just say, we weren't complaining!



After cake time, it was present time! He really started to get it this year. He loved opening the presents and handing me the paper each time he pulled a piece off. He got "boring" presents this year, per my request. :) He got SO many toys and things for Christmas that I didn't want him getting any more! I requested he get clothes, books and puzzles. He got a LOT of clothes, a few books and three toys. Perfect if you ask me.

The clothes will be perfect for our ski trip. He got lots of fleece jackets and pants. He also got sweatshirts and jeans and all kinds of good stuff! He also got some clothes for Spring which is nice too so that we won't be stocked for the winter and then have a naked 2 year old in the warmer weather!

He got a few books that he already has but we can leave some books upstairs for Annabelle and bring some downstairs to his big boy room.

For his toys he got a tool set (to be just like Daddy), some Hot Wheels Cars (his favorite right now!) and a Little People car ramp thingy that took awhile and about 4 people to assemble!







I think that he was a spoiled little guy!

One of the best parts about the party was that the bathroom was almost complete. I don't have an "after" picture yet for the bathroom but I will soon. I'll try to do a bathroom post tomorrow. It was great to have 3 functioning bathrooms! With 25 people, you need as much room and as many bathrooms as you can have! :)

I'd say that Dom's 2nd birthday party was a success.


SUNDAY - Dom's actual birthday!

We wanted to do something fun. Just for him on his actual birthday. We woke up and read books and played for a bit and then we got dressed to go to breakfast. We went out to Bob Evans (our favorite place for breakfast!) and though Dom was gonna be bad. He was whining and crying the whole time we were waiting for a table. But as soon as we sat down, he was an angel. And he must be going through a growth spurt because he ate a TON. He ate 3 of his 5 little pancakes. A sausage link. Half of Mommy's potatoes. Half of a biscuit. And a bowl of fruit. And that was after the banana and animal cookies we had at home! That's not like Dom. Typically he's not a good eater! But he was a good eater on his birthday!

After breakfast we asked Dominick what he wanted to do and he said, "Go play at Dommie's house!". So after asking about 4 times if this is what he really wanted to do, we obliged. We took him home and played with his new toys. He took a good nap (Mommy took a nap then too) and then we played some more. He got a bath and then went to bed about 8ish.

It was a good birthday weekend for Dom! His last birthday as an only child! :)

Happy 2nd Birthday Little Man!! We love you SO much!

No comments: