Monday, January 31, 2011

♥ ♥ She's HERE! ♥ ♥



My sister had her baby!!!!

Adelina Margaret (pronounced Add-a-leen-a) was born on Saturday morning at 7:30 am. She was 8 lbs. 13.8 ounces and just over 20 inches long. She has a LOT of dark dark hair. She's beautiful.

Nick and I were still in bed on Saturday when my dad called us at 8:15. He called and said, "I have no details, but Angie had her baby and everyone is doing well.". I was so excited! I waited until Andrew called about 40 minutes later and then I got some more details. Everyone was doing great he told me. I asked if visitors were allowed and he said yes, but wait until the afternoon because they still weren't even in their room yet. They were still in the delivery room waiting for their overnight room.

That was fine with me. Leslie was in town and a bunch of us were going to lunch at noon anyway. So we went to lunch (which was fabulous, by the way) and then Nick, Dom and I headed over to the hospital.

When we got to her floor, we were walking to her room when we saw Jack, Ginnie (Andrew's parents) and Cecilia walking our way. It was too adorable. As soon as Cecilia saw us, she came running down the hall. As soon as Dom saw Celia, he started running to her. They met in the middle and gave each other a BIG hug. We didn't tell them to do that or anything, they just did it. And it was adorable. Wish I had my camera out then!!

We went into Angie's room and she was feeding Addy so we had to be patient for a little while longer. While we were sitting in the room, I asked Angie about her birth story.

She said it wasn't a very long one, but she'd tell me anyway. She woke up Saturday morning around 3 am with a contraction. She tried timing them, but had to wake up Andrew. They continued to time them for awhile and around 4:20 am they were only 5 minutes apart. They called Andrew's brother, John, to come to the house to be there for Cecilia and they headed to the hospital. They got to the hospital around 5:00 am and Angela was in pain. They brought her back to L&D and got her hooked up and checked her. She was already 6 cm. She got the epidural and they waited. It didn't take much longer after that until she was ready to push. At 7:30, their beautiful baby girl was born.



I was so jealous when I heard her story. That's not a long labor at all!

After Addy ate, I got to hold her. She's so sweet! I forget how little they are. Dominick did really really well. I was afraid of how he would react, since he's usually not a fan of Nick or I holding other babies but he did great. He ran right up and looked at her and said, "Baby!". He wanted to hold her too. I let him give her a hug and he seemed ok with that. We did a few pictures of me holding both of them and then he was off playing Legos or something again. :)



We spent a little time there and then headed home.

I couldn't stay away though. Sunday morning around 11:00 am, I headed back to the hospital. For awhile it was just me, Angie and Andrew so I got to hold her for a long time. I loved it. They are so sweet and little and I can't get enough!

While I was there, Andrew's parents came up with Cecilia and then my parents and my Grandpa showed up. Also in the middle of all the visitors, Addy got her pictures taken. They were so good! It's a new company from when Dom had his hospital pictures done and this company does a much better job. I'm excited for Annabelle's pictures!



I stayed until about 2:00ish and then I headed back home to my boys.

I'm in no way ready to have my baby girl yet, but being at the hospital and seeing the babies and everything makes me really really excited to have my baby girl! I'll know this Thursday what the countdown is until my delivery date! So exciting!

No comments: