Monday, January 3, 2011

It's a New Year

It's 2011....how crazy is that??

We didn't do much for New Year's Eve this year. We knew we wouldn't. I can't drink. Nick doesn't drink much. I can't stay awake past 10. You know, the usual.

So we went over to my sister's house for pizza and salad. We had dinner around 6ish and just hung out and talked. We watched the kids play games. We had the beginnings of a Wii Jeopardy tournament (with Nick and I realizing how LITTLE we know compared to my sister, Andrew and his brother, John). It was good. We were at the championship game of the Wii Tourney when the kids wouldn't cooperate. Dominick wouldn't sleep in the pack n play and Cecilia was very upset to hear Dominick cry. They both cried and yelled and carried on and we finally got Dom out of the pack n play to see if he'd sleep on me. That didn't work. So at 10:30, we headed home to put Dom to bed in his crib. I had every intention of putting Dom to bed and then going downstairs and being awake for the ball drop or something.

But then I laid down, finished reading 'Darkly Dreaming Dexter' on my kindle and then fell asleep around 11. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Nick crawled into bed at 4:30 a.m. after playing Call of Duty Black Ops all night long...

Happy New Year to us!

Saturday we ran around and did so much stuff, I didn't even realize how late it got! We did Dom's 2 year pictures at Sears in the morning (didn't even buy a CD because they were so bad. Because of Dominick...not Sears. We bought like 6 pictures for us and the various family members and called it a day. Then Dominick went to Maw-maw's house while Nick and I were at home. We cleaned, organized, played more Call of Duty, and then went to lunch. On the way, we brought our tree to wherever it is you bring your Christmas trees when Christmas is over...Nick knows the city way better than I do. Some recycling center where there was a HUGE pile of Christmas trees. Anyway, then we went to my sister's to get Dominick from my mom (she brought both kids there and we got Dom from Angela's).

After playing for a bit longer, we headed back home to do more work. I think our house is looking good for Dom's party (which is just 2 weeks from Saturday...EEK).

Sunday was an outside day. We loaded up the car and drove to Columbia, MO with Ang, Andrew and Celia. We went to Shakespeare's for lunch and then to Mizzou for the women's bball game against Florida State. It wasn't the best game for Mizzou but the kids ran around and had a blast, and that was more the point than anything else.

When we got home, we watched the end of the 3:00 football games and then settled in to watch the Rams game. It didn't have the best outcome, and wasn't the best game honestly, but the Rams were playing for a chance at the playoffs and after having gone 1-15 last year, this was a huge deal. We gave Dom a bath at halftime and tried putting him down in his new room. That didn't work and he wanted to play, play, play. Around 9:45 I gave up and brought him up to his crib and put him down there. We need to get this big boy bed to work though, any tips???

We went to bed after the game.

So far we haven't done much in 2011, but it's been pretty nice. Just hanging out the family. The best start to a new year. :)

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

Sounds like a nice New Year's. You definitely had a busy weekend. My husband is still complaining about that Rams game today.

I'm trying to remember what worked for us with the big boy bed. My oldest was about Dominick's age when he had to move over to make room in the crib. I think it was a matter of staying consistent. Maybe if he had a special toy that only slept in the big boy bed? Good luck!