Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday Birthday dinner

I have a few minutes so I wanted to write about Sunday.

Nick did an indoor mini triathlon in the morning with his sister at the YMCA in Chesterfield. Kate started at 7 am and Nick started at 8:30. We didn't see Kate start, but we got to see her finish. Since it was an indoor tri, it was timed. Which meant, you did a 10 minute swim, a 30 minute bike on the spinning bikes, and a 20 minute run on the treadmill. You controlled how fast/how far you went and you just had to do the time. So no matter what, you were only doing something for 1 hour. Plus you had 10 minutes between the swim and bike and 5 minutes between the bike and run. Awards were given out for whoever went the farthest (furthest??).

Dominick was a bear Sunday morning. We had to wake him up to go to the tri, and he was not happy. Plus he's going through a major "daddy" stage and didn't want anything to do with me. He kept asking if he could swim with Daddy and I had to tell him no and it made him sad every time. Luckily when Kate finished, she came and hung out with me and Dom and that helped.

Nick did great, although he mentioned that this was one of the hardest things he's ever done. He thought it was harder than the half marathon. Mainly because he has a bad hamstring and he really struggled on the bike but he was exhausted.

He did great though. He did 17 lengths of the pool (down is one, back is two), he biked 9.5 miles, and he ran 2.3 miles. So he did really well.

After he finished, Kate picked Dave up and the 5 of us went to breakfast at Stratton's cafe in Clayton. It was delicious. I was exhausted from chasing Dom so we all had a hearty breakfast!

After breakfast, we went home and Nick, Dom and I all took a nice nap! It was much needed and definitely deserved in my opinion! Dom woke up before either Nick or I did and it was perfect timing really. We got up, got dressed and headed north for my birthday dinner.

Dinner was GREAT. We had cornflake potatoes, a pear and spinach salad, rolls and salsiccia sausage cooked with peppers and onions. I LOVE Salsiccia sausage. Delicious.

After dinner we just hung out for awhile and talked. Then I opened my presents. :)

I got a cookbook stand, which I love. I asked for it and my mom got it for me. It's a nice bamboo wood and has a plexiglass cover on it so you don't get the pages dirty. I love it.

I also got my traditional money from my parents. They give us $1.00 for however old we are. So this year I got a card with $27.00 in it. :) They are also giving me money towards a desk chair or a printer for my new computer.

My sister and Andrew gave me 2- 3 tiered hanging baskets to hang in our kitchen that look like this:




and some K-Cups for my Keurig. They got me Hot Apple Cider and some decaf Hazelnut coffee. It's nice to have some other non-caffeinated options for me!

It was a great birthday dinner! It was finished up with white cake with white icing (my favorite) and some chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Yum!

We even left at a decent time so I was in bed by 10:30. Gotta love that!

Happy 27th birthday to me! :)

No comments: