Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 3 for Mommy and Dommie

Dommie and I are counting days right now.

I am on Day 3 after the IUI, and doing fine so far. I know it's WAY too early but I'm not even focusing on testing at this point. I'm getting excited for Nick's birthday party tonight and and our mini vacation next week. So testing is not on the top of my list of priorities. Eating however is. I'm going nuts. I'm eating everything in sight and the things that sound good are things that are NOT good for me. Like chips....oh sweet chips. And cookies. Yumm.....

But enough about me.

Dommie is on Day 3 of no binky, except at bed time. I'm not gonna lie, this is a bit of a struggle. But we're getting there. This morning we actually made a big production of it. Dommie tossed the binky into his crib and we said bye-bye to it. I told him that he could have it when he went night-night. And he waved bye bye to his bee-yeee.

After he did that, we brushed his teeth (which he HATES) and then we had a melt down. He ran, literally ran to his room, and started shaking the crib screaming, "bee-yeee!! Bee-yeee!!" which is what we call the binky. I picked him up and told him that he had another one at Stella's for when he went night night there. He got real serious and nodded and said, "At la-la's" (which is what we call Ms. Stella).

So we went to Stella's and he ran right up to her and asked for a cracker and milk and the whole Binky fiasco was already over.

I'm hoping this doesn't take too long before we are completely under control that the binky is for bed time only. He seems to be doing pretty good, so I'm pretty proud of him!

Day 3 and counting for Dommie and Mommy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I have so much faith in the both of you!

Jim and I thought if all works out maybe we can all go to braekfast next sunday morning in branson area... well see though.

Love you!