Friday, July 2, 2010

Well, what else is new??

I had my egg ultrasound this morning...yup. Same ole, same ole.

1 egg...looks good though, they say.

My doctor's office doesn't work weekends or holidays. Some fertility clinics do, but mine technically doesn't. So they told me to start taking ovulation predictor tests and if I get a positive to try on our own, but if I don't get a positive by Sunday, then take the trigger and we'll do the IUI on Tuesday morning.

I'm not ok with this. The thing that really had me concerned was the tech told me that any line on an ovulation test is a positive line. Even though the directions say the line has to be as dark or darker than the test line, not to believe that. But that doesn't make sense to me. Nick and I have done ovulation predictor tests. We did then for a year. I'm not comfortable with taking a chance and then not knowing if we were right or wrong. And I don't want to spend $700+ dollars on a chance.

Luckily, the technician, Mickey, is fantastic. She asked my RE what he would do if it weren't a holiday weekend. He said, "Easy. Tell her to trigger tomorrow and do the IUI on Monday. But we're closed Monday." so Mickey said, "Let's do that. I'll come in and do it on Monday".

I'm so lucky to have someone there who understands that this is important to me. Not that my RE doesn't, but it's great that Mickey is willing to sacrifice an hour of her holiday for me. It means the world to me.

So that's the plan. I'm triggering tomorrow night and we're doing the IUI on Monday mid morning.

Please wish me luck and say extra prayers. This really is our last try for quite awhile and I really want it to work.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is awesome, you should bring Micky some coffee, or cookies or something :)
But also dumb that they were going to chance on Tuesday if that is not the best possible case!
I knwo how incredibly hard this is for you babe, thinking of you *hugs*

LOVE YOU!

Laura said...

wow! that's unheard of! awesome! i agree with ashley about bringing coffee or something. good luck!

Meg said...

I brought her a thank you card. With Dominick in tow it was hard to bring anything that morning. But I did give her a card and hopefully I can send her something else soon! :)