Monday, July 12, 2010

On our own

After Nick's big birthday on Thursday, he rounded up a few guys and went to Crown Pointe in Farmington for a golf weekend. Dommie and I were on our own for the whole weekend. Three full days. We had a blast! :)

Friday night we went to my friend, Abbie's house. She was having a housewarming party and Dom and I went for a bit. The food was great and we had a lot of fun. There were a lot of other kids there so Dommie was just running around and having a great time. We couldn't stay too late because Dom goes down around 8 typically, but we stayed late for him! I think we headed home around 8:30 and he was asleep by 8:45.

After he went to bed, my cousins came over to hang out with me. Michelle, Annie, and Sara all came over for some wine and girl talk. We hung out drinking and talking until 1 am until I finally kicked them out. I didn't realize how late it got and I knew that Dom would be up at 7 whether I was ready or not!

I went up to bed about 1:30 but stupidly decided to finish my book and didn't go to bed until a little after 2am.

Saturday morning was a lot of fun! Dommie woke up around 7:15, as usual, and we got dressed and headed over to my new favorite coffee house: The Hartford Coffee Company. It has GREAT food and has a children area full of toys, a train table, and a pretend kitchen. Dommie LOVES it there.

I got Dom a blueberry muffin, and I ordered up a vanilla latte and a bagel with lox. Yum!!

Here are a few pictures of Dom playing at the Hartford:






After breakfast, we went back home to get ready for Grant's farm. My mom, my sister, and Cecilia came over to pick Dommie and me up. We headed out to Grant's Farm and had a great time! Here's some pictures of our day there:











As you can see we had a great time! We fed the goats, saw some amazing animals, including the BIGGEST turtles I've ever seen, and rode the Merry Go Round.

After Grant's farm, we grabbed some sandwiches from Southwest Market and went back to my house. We ate lunch and then the fam left and Dommie and I each took a nap. It was great. We both needed a rest so badly.

After our naps, Dommie played and I ordered some chinese food! Yum! Hot braised chicken, crab rangoon, and egg drop soup. Amazing. I watched the Cards game and went to bed early. It was the perfect end to a perfect day!

Sunday morning was another busy day. Dommie and I got up around 7:30 and just hung out in the morning. We went to 9:30 mass and then headed out to Glen Echo to have lunch and swim with Mom, Angela and Cici. I hadn't been to the pool there since I was a kid. It's so neat now! There were two kiddie pools that flowed into the big pool. The kiddie pools had fountains and misting areas that were a blast! Dommie and Celia loved it there. We had lunch and then Mom took Dommie for me.

Nick was home when I got home and we had two softball games yesterday afternoon.

We won them both in case anyone cares. ;-)

It was a great weekend. I missed Nick, obviously, but me and Dom had a blast. Even if he was a little cranky most of the weekend.

No comments: