Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hot Dog Casserole

Last night, my cousin invited a lot of our family over for Hot Dog Casserole....I wasn't too sure about this. It sounded kind of gross, to be perfectly honest. But it was something to do on a Wednesday night and we needed to eat, so why not!?

We got over to Nathan's about 6:45 and the casserole was already in the making. We settled in and started watching the baseball game with the cousins. Nick grabbed a beer and I grabbed a lovely tonic water with cranberry. We watched the game and talked to family and had a good time waiting for dinner to be ready.

When Nathan said it was time to eat, I was really unsure. It looked...interesting. But I'll try anything (or almost anything) once so I grabbed a spoonful, got some salad and a piece of bread and took a seat. It was really good! I went back for seconds and Dommie loved it too. Nick actually asked me to get the recipe so we can have hot dog casserole at home too. I was pretty impressed.

I don't have the recipe yet, but the main ingredients (that I could tell) are hot dogs (duh), noodles, velvetta cheese, tomato soup, and onions. That's all I could tell. Mix that together and it's pretty good.

As soon as I get the recipe, I'll post it.

Hot Dog Casserole....who woulda thunk it?

No comments: