Thursday, July 1, 2010

School

So I promised a school post and here it is. I've decided to go back to school. Not like quit my job and start a whole new life kind of thing, but go back to school. Unfortunately the economy is just not what it used to be and I'm in constant fear of me and/or Nick losing our jobs. So, I'm going back to school to get my pre-requisites for Pharmacy school. It will take me two years to get all these classes done, so if in two years the economy picks back up and my job is thriving, then I don't need to go to Pharmacy school and I just spent two years learning some cool stuff.

However, if in two years the economy is the same or (God forbid) worse, then I have options.

I wanted to go into a medical field right out of high school but I was selfish. I wanted to play basketball and I got a scholarship to Fontbonne. So I took it and I played. I was good at Math and Accounting so that was the route I took. I don't regret it by any means, but I should have thought more long term than I did.

So here I am. Starting over while working full time and having a one year old at home. It will be fine, but hard. Hard is good though.

This is my schedule for the next two years:

Fall 2010
General Chemistry I with lab
Physics I with lab

Spring 2011
General Chemistry II with lab
Physics II with lab

Summer 2011
Calculus
Anatomy and Physiology I with lab

Fall 2011
Organic Chemistry I with lab
Any Biology class

Spring 2012
Organic Chemistry II with lab
Anatomy and Physiology II with lab

And somewhere in there I have to take General Sociology online...

Yup, it will be tough. But I'm actually really excited to get started. Next week I'm going to register and get my student number at Forest Park. I think my best friend, Mike, is taking one of the classes with me, so that will be fun too.

Wish me luck! I have a "fun" two years ahead! :)

1 comment:

Joe, Jenn, Nathan, and William said...

let me know if you need help with anatomy & physiology-i teach that right now!