Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Poor Kindle

I LOVE my Kindle. If you don't know what a Kindle is, click HERE to read all about them. I got mine for Christmas from my best bud, Mike.

I ♥ MY KINDLE!

So, as you can imagine, it was absolutely devastating to me when mine broke.

It was my fault. Dom and I were waiting for my Mom to pick us up to go to Grant's Farm. I was sitting in our big leather chair by the front window and I was reading. Dommie came over and wanted to read too. So I set the kindle on the arm of the chair and picked Dom up...When picking him up, one of us (I'm not even sure who) knocked it off the arm. It hit the floor and I held my breath...Would it be OK? Was it broken?

I picked it up and it looked fine. Hoorah! So I continued reading and when I finished the page, I hit the "next page" button....and the screen went to this:



I was crushed. I was so upset. I took a deep breath and picked Dom up and we went to wait outside. I was very angry and upset, but not at him. It was my fault. But I couldn't take it back.

I waited until Monday and then I called Amazon. I gave them my email address and they could log into my account. I verified some information and then they asked what the problem was. I told them and they tried to have me reset the whole Kindle. It didn't work. He asked me if it had been "exposed to any drops"...Um...yeah.

I told him that it did in fact drop and he told me that it was completely covered under my warranty. YES! So they are shipping me a new one. Brand new! All I have to do is send the broken one back. No problem there! I can use the same box the new one comes in and I already printed off the return label. So excited!!

The only sad thing, is they told me I would get my new one today and now the website says I'll get it tomorrow....oh well! It's still BRAND NEW and FREE!!

I ♥ Amazon now too!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Amazon is awesome. My Kindle died on me too, but it was my fault. I had let the charge out for over 3 months and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

Cute blog!