Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Away!

This past weekend, Nick and I went to visit our VERY GOOD friends, Jim and Leslie, in Fayetteville, Arkansas!

We had a BLAST. We actually left on Thursday night, to get there very late Thursday night and be able to sleep in on Friday. That was a great idea. We got into Ark around 10:30 and stayed up watching tv and hanging out until about 11:30. Then we crashed.

We "slept in" until about 7:45 on Friday morning and then made breakfast. And I must say, Jim and I are excellent cooks! We made pancakes and breakfast sausage for Friday morning. Then we got dressed and went to play golf.

Golfing was AwEsOmE!! I had so much fun! (Except on one drive I broke the driver head off the club shaft - but it was still a good drive!!). We played "Westerheide's" versus "Marecek's" and we played a scramble. I have to say, I did pretty well! The first hole we played was a par 3, and I shot a 3 all by myself!! After the front 9, we were all tied up, but Jim and Les brought their A game in the back 9 and beat us by two strokes I think. It was fun, no matter what!

After golfing, we drove home and cleaned up. Then we went to Hooter's for lunch/dinner. For some reason I was really craving Hooter's hot wings!! We had dinner and then decided to go to the go-cart place. We had a great time there too! Nick and Jim were banging into each other and trying to spin each other into the rails, but Les and I just had fun driving the course. Of course, Nick and Jim had to go again just to race again. Les and I watched this time and took a few pictures.

After the go-carts, we headed home and sat on the patio while drinking a few drinks and playing washers. I went to bed shortly after all this.

Saturday was a good day too! We got up and Jim made us another excellent breakfast! We had bacon, egg and cheese biscuits for breakfast! Yum!!

After breakfast, we loaded up the coolers (one for drinks and one for food) and headed to the marina. We rented a pontoon boat for the day. It was gorgeous!! The sun was shining and the water was great, it was a perfect day for boating. Also, a perfect day for getting sun burnt apparently!! I am RED RED RED!!

After boating, we went back to the house and I passed out! I was exhausted. I took almost a three hour nap! Nick woke me up and we BBQ'd outside. Jim made another great meal. Porksteaks and corn on the cob. Yum!

I didn't make it very late Saturday night either. I went to bed fairly early so I could get up early on Sunday to pack.

Sunday morning I got up and packed all our stuff. Once we were packed and ready, Nick and I loaded into the Durango and Jim and Les loaded into their car and we drove an hour and twenty minutes to Branson to meet up with Ashley and Luke for breakfast. I felt bad for Jim and Les. It was on our way home but they drove out of their way to do a big breakfast with us! I think it was worth it though. Leslie got a brand new Coach purse (which I want to see pictures of!) so I think they did ok on their drive!

We went straight home after that to get our baby boy and we were SO glad to see him! I think he was pretty glad to see us too! He wouldn't let us out of his sight the rest of the night!

I'm glad we were able to get away for a weekend. I had an amazing time, but after seeing my baby last night, well, there's no place like home!!

No comments: