Friday, October 8, 2010

City Garden

Last night, Nick and I decided to take Dominick downtown to City Garden. It's a really neat place for kids and families in the downtown area. We walked around and Dominick loved running from sculpture to sculpture. He was having so much fun. He discovered the fountains (which are really neat!) and was being very good until a teenage boy came up and was trying to be nice and play with Dominick, but really he just taught him how to get wet...so we had some kicking and screaming when we left the fountain area.

It was really dark and I only had my cell phone so these pictures aren't very good but here's a few pictures of us at City Garden!






In the summer, they call the fountains "pools" and kids can play in the water and splash around. Next year we'll have to go down there to let Dommie play in the fountains for real.

I'm really glad that our downtown area is growing and getting new and exciting things. Downtown is being revitalized and I love it. Nick and I have always talked about moving downtown after the kids are older and I really hope we do it! There is so much our city has to offer and I'd love to be right in the middle of things!

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

We went to Citygarden this summer and really enjoyed it. We're all about fun, FREE stuff!