Monday, October 18, 2010

Truly Honored

I've been wanting to blog about this since it happened but was asked to wait until a later date...well last week I got the "go ahead" to blog so here I am!

Two of my closest friends are getting married next year.

I met Jim our freshman year of college. He was a funny guy who everyone loved to be around and we got to be friends pretty easily. We've always been friends but these last few years we've gotten to be very close.

He started dating Leslie on and off through college and I got to know her through him. For awhile, she was always Jim's girlfriend. Who I still adored, but she was Jim's girlfriend. Over the past few years, she has become MY friend, and no longer just Jim's girlfriend.

This past April, they got engaged! Jim did such a great job planning everything and we are so happy for both of them.



That's not what I'm blogging about, it's just an intro.

So a few weeks ago, Jim and Les headed up to St. Louis. They asked if we wanted to go to dinner on the Friday night (which of COURSE we did!), so we all met at Rigazzi's on the Hill. We were seated outside and everyone was having a great time.

Before our dinner was served, Leslie told me she had something for me. She handed me a card and a book.



The card was on top, so I moved it to see what the book was. It was called "The Knot Bridesmaid Handbook: Help the Bride Shine Without Losing Your Mind".



Now Nick told me that he thought I was having something to do with the wedding. Well I wanted to be a bridesmaid but I wasn't thinking I would be! I was thinking I would get to do a reading or something. But I am SO honored to be a part of their special day.

I thought the book was the really special, give it away type present. But then I opened the card...It was so sweet!! I didn't cry at the table (Dominick was slightly distracting at dinner) but I re-read it at home and then the tears came!

Here's a picture of the card:



The card is personalized! And so beautiful!

The outside is a picture of me in my wedding dress with all my close friends hands together, then there are two pictures of me and Leslie and one picture of me and Jim.

The Words say, "Will you be..." and the inside says, "...My Bridesmaid?".

Then there is a poem. The poem is so sweet! I'll write it here for you:

"You've shared with me the special times, our friendship grows each day.
We've shared our secrets and our dreams, and laughed along the way.
You have always been there, you're more to me than just Jimbo's friend.
You know exactly who I am, and everywhere I have been.

I see so very clearly how this wedding's only one
of the many times you've helped me when things needed to be done.
Simply to say thank you just doesn't seem to share
the feelings here inside me when I see how much you care.

When I am walking down the aisle, a very happy bride,
it would mean so very much to me, to have you by my side.
Soon I will be married and I still look forward to,
the friendship, love, and guidance, that has always come from you."

Love, Leslie

I am so honored and touched that she would ask me to stand by her side when she gets married. Two of my best friends getting married, it's going to be such an amazing day!

What's even more exciting, is that she is getting married on 09-10-11. That is one day after my 5 year anniversary! It will be a great weekend and I can't wait to share it with them.

And on a selfish note: that gives me approximately 5-1/2 months to get into "dress shape" after having this baby! :)

Congrats again Jim and Les! And thank you so much for asking me to be a part of special day! I am so honored!

2 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

What a sweet "proposal"! And how fun to get to be a part of their special day. Very cool.

Les said...

I love your posting ... you are too sweet and a wonderful friend!

I am SO happy you loved your card and even more thrilled you are going to be a part of our big day!! Lots of fun memories to come :-)