Thursday, October 7, 2010

No sleep

Last night was a rough night for our family, sleep wise. Well the whole night was a little "off" to be honest. But the actual sleeping part was the worst.

The night started off great! I got home around 4:20, and Nick called me and told me that they reached a decision in his jury case and he was officially done with Jury Duty (for at least three years). So we were in good moods. Nick told me we were celebrating (Nick HATES jury duty) and he was picking up ice cream. I was ok with this. ;-)

So we had ice cream and relaxed for about a half hour and then I headed to get Dom. We got home, I changed him, and we headed down to the basement. We played for a bit and had dinner around 5:30. Well....at this point now we were completely out of diapers at our house. I have NO idea how that happened but we had NONE, ZERO. No overnights, no regular diapers, none. So Nick headed off to Target. He left around 7:20. Dom and I watched an episode of the Backyardigans and then headed upstairs around 8. I called Nick to find out where he was. He was at his mom's. He told me he was leaving and would be home soon. At 8:30 he got home.

He changed Dom and put him into his PJ's and put him down about 8:45.

Then we watched TV for a little bit. Around 9:30, Nick and I headed up to bed. We checked on Dom (sleeping soundly in his new Mizzou Tigers PJ's Nick bought him at Target) and then got ready for bed ourselves.

We laid in bed talking about baby names (we are NOT agreeing right now, but we're working on it) and finally fell asleep about 10:20.

I felt like I had JUST laid my head down when we heard Dommie start to cry.This was around 12:20 am. I went in since Nick had been working in the morning and going to jury duty mid-morning until evening and was tired a lot. Dom was laying in his crib with a binky in his mouth...so what was going on? Why was he crying? He looked at me and said, "Binky??" and started crying again. So I looked for his "spare" binky we keep in his crib. I looked under the crib and found one. So I handed it to him. It wasn't the one he wanted (but believe me, he wasn't letting that one go either), so I looked harder and found the "gween" one that he wanted and handed it to him. He laid his head right back down and I covered him with a blanket and he went back to bed. I went to the bathroom and then climbed back into bed myself.

At 1 am ish, he started crying again. 'Your turn' was all I said and Nick got up to check on him. I went to the bathroom AGAIN (gotta love pregnancy) and then waited for Nick. He was gone for a few minutes and then came back to bed. We fell back asleep again.

At 2:30, he was up screaming again. Well, it was my turn again, so I went back in there and he was crying for his binky again...this is something we are going to have to correct. My ANGEL (haha) wasn't crying because he didn't have A binky...he was crying because he didn't have THREE binkies!! Come on Dom! I didn't have the energy to argue last night though, so I gave him his third binky and went back to bed...oh but not before going to the bathroom again.

I think I went to the bathroom again at 4 and maybe 6....until I finally got up at 6:45.

Blah. What a night. I'm hoping tonight is a MUCH smoother night for sleeping at our house. Fingers are crossed.

No comments: