Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Six Flags!



I wanted to post about this before I forgot! Nick and I took Dominick to Six Flags on Saturday night. He LOVED it. :)

We wanted to go soon and get season passes for next year (if you go to Six Flags now, you can get a one day ticket for $49.99 -OR- get a season pass for next year for $69.99 and use if for the rest of this year...it's a no brainer!).

So we drove out there after my class and paid and entered the park...well it was packed. It was 80+ degrees out and it seemed like everyone went to Six Flags. We started off heading to the kid area. Dominick was in awe. There was so much going on that he couldn't keep up with everything. He was staring and pointing and squealing! :)

We went to the Carousel and I was nervous. When we went on the carousel at Grant's Farm, he screamed and cried and hated it. I kept asking him if he was SURE he wanted to go on it and he would say, "I sure". Then I said, "We aren't going to cry this time, are we?" and he shook his head and said, "No cry". So we tried it...



He was PERFECT! He LOVED it! He was smiling and clapping and even said, "Whee Ma-ma!" a few times. :) I was so proud of him.

After we got off the carousel, he was ready for another ride! He and Nick went on the kids train. And again, he loved it! I still can't believe how big he's getting.

Well the other rides looked too big for him, but we found the swings....now I'm posting a picture of some kids on the swings, I do not know these kids and neither kid is Dominick (obviously). The reason I am posting this picture is that I want you to see how the kids sit in the ride...BY THEMSELVES.



We put Dominick in the swings and buckled him in. At first, he was upset, because he was "Stuck! Ma-ma!". Dominick hates being confined. In any way. Car seats take awhile to get used to. There's a lot of telling me he's stuck and wants out. So he started screaming for help because he was stuck. We told to wait and he was going on a ride, and it would be fun! But he was still yelling. The lady asked if she should start the ride, and we said yes. Nick and I both knew he would love it once it started and if not, we'd ask her to stop it and get him off right away...

Well he loved it. He loved it so much he BEGGED to go on it "Again! Again!". So we asked if he could stay on and the nice lady said yes. He did the swings ALL BY HIMSELF TWO TIMES IN A ROW! (Can you tell I'm proud!?).

He is such a big boy!

After we did the swings, Nick went off to try and ride the boss and Dommie and I started walking around. Nick caught up to us about 10 minutes later and said the wait time was almost 2 hours!?!? So we went to a little cafe and bought Dominick some dinner.

Now things are expensive at amusement parks, I know, but I was really impressed with how "cheap" his dinner was, considering where we were.

He got:
a bag of chicken rings (there were like 15 in there)
applesauce
chocolate pudding
string cheese
fruit snacks
and
a drink in a sturdy cup with a straw (like a souvenir cup)

all in a lunch box for $7.99!

That's awesome! At least we thought so.

After Dom's dinner we headed over to the Screamin' Eagle for Nick to try and ride that before we left....that had an hour wait!

Just too many people there. So we decided to call it a night. Dom rode on three rides, we got him dinner, he had a blast, and we got our season passes. It was a good night.

Now we'll just have to go back since we have season passes! :)

No comments: