Monday, October 4, 2010

♥ William Lucas Wilson ♥

He's here! He's here!!

Here's my version of Ashley and Luke's birth story. ;-)

A few weeks ago, Ashley asked if I could be in charge of texting everyone the updates on Baby William. I told her of course I would. After waiting and waiting, Ashley's doctor told her that she would probably have to be induced. So I didn't think anything of switching phones with my mom on Sunday morning (and there's a reason we switched phones, will tell that story later!).

Well I had a weird feeling on Sunday that I needed my phone back. So as soon as I met back up with my mom, I switched phones and I had like 6 missed calls from Ashley and Luke and 2 new messages!! OOPS!

The first message was from 7:30 am and it was Ashley telling me not to tell anyone yet because she wasn't positive if they were going to keep her or not but she was at the hospital and having contractions. She would keep me posted.

The second message was from 10:30 ( I got my phone back at 11:13 - I remember that) and it said, "I'm definitely in labor! Call me or Luke as soon as you get this.".

I immediately called her number (she's on speed dial) and Luke answered by saying, "You are in trouble". I knew I was, so I asked how her progress was going. He told me that she was 2 cm dilated and was on pitocin. I told him I had plenty of time! ;-) and to keep me updated.

11:19 am
I sent out a message to everyone telling Ashley's "list" that the baby was on his way!

12:35 pm
I texted Ashley asking how she was doing and if she needed me to come up there. She texted back, "2 1/2". Then she called.

She was in a lot of pain, I could tell. She wanted to wait on the epidural as long as she could but she was hurting. I told her to breathe like her exercises and to keep me posted. She hung up and I continued to wait.

1:33 pm
I texted Ash seeing how everything was going and if she was doing any better from before. She texted back, " Doing ok. Trying to hold off on the epidural as long as possible but it hurts". I told her to be strong and she could do it and that I loved her. And I waited some more.

2:38 pm
I got a text from Luke saying, "Ash just got epidural. 3 cm. Going to break her water in an hour or two. Gonna take a nap now."

I texted him back for them to get some rest and that's great and to keep me posted.

4:28 pm
I got a text from Ash, "Just broke water. At 4cm for now".

I told her that things should get moving now, that's how it seems to work. Once your water breaks, you are well on your way!

5:38 pm
I got a text from Ash saying. "On oxygen but doing ok. At 6cm."

I was on oxygen for most of my labor so I told her that she was doing great and more than halfway there! And that I loved her.

6:02 pm
My text from Ash that made me smile:
"Love you!!!!!! Checking me again in an hour or so. Just met the doc that will deliver me. Love her!!!!!"

Right after this text, she called me. We talked for a few minutes. She told me about her new on call doc and how great she was. Then we talked about her pain. She told me the epidural didn't work all the way so the doctor was giving her other medicine to supplement the epidural. She sounded really really good!

7:07 pm
Another text from Ash, "At 10. Will probably push in about an hour".

Well "Holy Cow" is what I was thinking! She got pitocin at 10:30 am and is ready to push just 10 hours later?? Lucky girl!!

I texted everyone this update right away (just like almost all the other updates) and then waited to hear William was here.

And waited.

And waited.

People started texting me asking what the heck was going on?! Was he here yet? Was she ok? Was she pushing yet?

I had no answers.

So I texted Ash.

9:13 pm
"Any baby yet? Everyone is texting me asking what's going on. Hope you are doing ok. Text when you can. Love you."

9:15 pm
Luke called! HE'S HERE! William Lucas Wilson born at 8:40 pm ( I think...I stole that info from Ashley's sister's Facebook page!) at 8 lbs. 8 oz. Luke didn't remember how long he was. But everyone was doing great. William was eating as Luke called me so everyone must have been doing great!!

I texted everyone the good news!!

Here are a few pics I also stole from Crystal from Facebook. I think these are the best pictures. They show Ash and Will and show how happy she is!





Congrats Ashley and Luke on Baby William! He is precious and I can't wait to meet him in person! :) Love all THREE of you so much!

No comments: