Thursday, October 28, 2010

Update

So I left work early yesterday. I left work at 2:15 and got home right about 2:30. I didn't even go let the dogs out. I went straight up to our room, put on my old sweats and a tee and laid in bed. I was still having the pains at that point. I slept on and off until about 5:15. Then I felt like a million bucks.

I went downstairs to see Nick and Dom and talked to Nick for a bit. I told him how I was feeling better and was going to go to Ladies Night with Michelle and Ashley still.

I got dressed and headed out. About 15 minutes away from my house, I started feeling the pains again. I felt them on and off until I got to the Melting Pot and even a bit while we were sitting down. I actually thought to myself that I was just going to stop by the Women's Evaluation Unit on the way home, just to make sure. Then I started drinking a ton of water and started eating and they went away.

The rest of dinner was fine. The drive home was fine. So far today has been fine...

So I'm hoping it had something to do with being dehydrated or something and it stops and stays away. Nick pointed out that he thought I've been trying to do a lot lately with school, work, and home and this might be my body's way of telling me to slow down. He also doesn't think I should lift Dominick anymore (which is SO hard, but I think he's right). So today, I only carried Dominick down one flight of stairs and he's that's it. For some reason he hates stairs and wants to be carried, but we walked a lot of them this morning! He also likes to be held for a bit in the morning and we didn't do that today either. Hopefully resting more and no carrying Dommie will be the answer!

Thanks for the comments and tips! If I start having them again and they feel worse, I'll probably call. Otherwise I'll just mention it to the doc. Next appointment is one week from today!

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That's scary. Good luck!