Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Time For Dinner Month 2

I am very excited to go back to Time For Dinner one week from today! I was looking through my freezer this morning to pull something out to defrost and I am down to two dinners! I do still have my breakfast burritos and meatball subs for lunches, but only two more actual meals. I guess getting the 6 split meals is perfect for one month for our family.

One week from today, my Mom, Mike, our cousin Cheryl and her daughter Kara, and myself will be going back to get more meals done. I'm really excited. I had so much fun last time and the meals have all been fantastic.

Last time, Ashley and I did a full order (which is 12 meals that are divided into two portions) and split it. We each got a full order of some things (like the apple butter bbq pork) and we split some orders (so we each got a half order of the chicken chardonney, etc.). Ashley has been saving her meals for her time off with Little Will so she isn't ready for more yet, but I am! So Mike and I are doing the same thing that Ash and I did.

Here's what we're ordering:

I'm getting:
Chicken Parmigiana Rotolo (1/2 order or 3 servings)
Elegant upgrade of the Italian favorite. Tender chicken breasts wrapped around a 3 cheese mix then topped with red sauce and cheese...a luscious treat everyone will savor.

Dixieland Pork Tenderloin (1/2 order or 3 servings)
Exquisitely tender pork dressed in cornbread stuffing, smoked sausage and Cajun spice makes a memorable, moderately spicy meal.

Pumpkin Pie Cake (1 order or 24 servings)
Do not pass up on this one! It's moist, it's sweet, it's not a pie and it's better than a cake. Our customers have been begging for this awesome dessert since last Thanksgiving!

Sausage in Puff Pastry (2 orders or 24 servings)
Offer your "ghouls" and boys this spooky meal at Halloween. Mild pork sausage mixed with finely chopped mushrooms and onion and wrapped "Mummy-Style" in puff pastry for a fun presentation! Kids will not know they are eating mushrooms - promise!

I'm hoping this means husbands won't know they are eating mushrooms too! :)

Sesame Grilled Chicken (1/2 order or 3 servings)
Succulent, moist chicken breasts in a medium-spicy sesame glaze are absolutely delectable.

Sicilian Steak (1/2 order or 3 servings)
This tender steak is smothered in a combination of onions, garlic, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and bold Madeira wine.

Tilapia Mornay (1 order or 6 servings)
Baked tilapia covered with a delicious crab stuffing then topped with creamy Mornay (white cheese) sauce.

So I am getting 42 servings of food for dinner and 24 servings of pumpkin cake (yum!) for $120.55. That's only $2.87 per serving of dinner and it's like I get the cake for free! :) We spend more than that going out to dinner anywhere. And this way it's all prepared, totally together, and all I have to do is defrost and bake. AND NO DIRTY DISHES! Always a plus for us with no dishwasher.

I can't wait until next Wednesday! :)

2 comments:

Alissabeth said...

man I wish we had this in Seattle! It sounds amazing.

Kate Geisen said...

Now I'm hungry! That all sounds delicious. Plus, then you miss out on the "what on earth will I make for dinner tonight??" stress.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments! :)