Monday, September 28, 2009

3rd Sundays

My family has a tradition. On the 3rd Sunday of the month, the whole family meets at one of our houses for dinner. This month was my turn to host. (We did the 4th Sunday this month because the 3rd Sunday was after a wedding on Friday and a surprise bday party on Saturday nights).

We had everyone over early for the football games and I made Chili and had our "hot diggity dogger" out for a hot dog station. We also had two TV's set up so we could watch more than one game at a time.

In case you are wondering: A Hot Diggity Dogger is a toaster for hot dogs. It cooks the hot dogs and toasts the bun. It's great. I love it. We had that set up, along with ketchup, mustard, relish, and the chili. I also had a ton of toppings set up for the chili. Sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, black olives, salsa, diced tomatoes, and avocado. We were set! And it was delicious, if I may say so myself (gotta love that crock pot!).

We had our smaller TV watching the Rams game and our big TV set up watching NFL Red Zone. That's a channel that shows every play in the Red Zone. It was amazing. You got to see all the important plays of EVERY game!

The kids played so well together too. They were very cute. I love that Dommie is getting old enough that he has an interest in other babies. I just wish he didn't love to pull Celia's hair so much!!

I always get so nervous hosting 3rd Sunday. My mom and my sister are both AMAZING cooks and I'm still learning. I'm glad it all tasted ok! Now I'm off the hook for another few months!

No comments: