Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bike Races!

Saturday my sister and I went to see the bike races at Francis Park. It was so interesting! Two of my sister's good friends are into bike racing and they are very good. We went to watch them on Saturday and it was so neat. There were booths selling food and drink there and plenty of places to watch. The way the race works is they race in a circle (1.3 miles around) for 45 minutes. There's lots of strategy in place for this, I learned! How fast they go, when they slow down, where they are in the pack, all of it is by design. It's not just racing as hard as you can for this beginning part. Then after the 45 minutes are up, they have to race 5 laps as fast as they can. I didn't think that I would think it was too exciting because they just go in circles, but it was very exciting and interesting! Especially those last 5 laps!

Next time there's another one, I think I'll have to go and watch.

No comments: