Tuesday, September 8, 2009

RIP - Oscar :(

Now for a sadder story.

My friend, Michelle and her fiance (my cousin) have three dogs. Bailey, Oscar and Gus-Gus. Friday night, Michelle and Adam were with us at the couples shower. When they got home, they let the two older dogs out alone. Bailey and Oscar. Michelle and Adam hung out inside and then went to let the dogs in before going to bed. The dogs were gone. Adam yelled for them but they didn't come home.

They had done this before and always came back so Michelle and Adam went to bed expecting them to be home in the morning. They were going to drive around look for them but since they had both been drinking at the couple's shower and the dogs ALWAYS came back if they got out, they wouldn't chance driving around looking for them. I would've done the exact same thing.

They got a phone call the next morning that the pound found Bailey and had her in custody at the pound but Oscar had been hit by a car on the highway and didn't make it.

Michelle and Adam were so upset, and I completely understand. Anyone with pets understands that they become your family. I feel so bad for them that they are dealing with this. Especially so close to their wedding. They are getting married on September 18.

I'm so sorry Michelle and Adam. Oscar was such a good dog. We'll miss him at kickball. I love you both!!

Rest in peace Oscar.

No comments: