Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's only 3 AM Dom!!

The last 3 nights, Dom has forgotten how to sleep through the night. Saturday night he woke around 5 am. Sunday night it was 4:30 and then last night it was 3ish.

Nick wanted us to leave him be and let him cry...but I couldn't do that. I keep giving in. I get up and change his diaper (Nick has helped with this) and then I give in and give him a bottle. I know I shouldn't. But he's crying and I can't help it.

I talked to my sister today and she told me that Cecilia did the same thing. Around the same time, too. When she asked the pediatrician, she was told that they sometimes "forget" how to sleep through the night and you just have to let them cry...The ped said that the first night they may cry 4 hours, then 3 or 2, then just a few minutes, but they'll remember and start sleeping through the night again.

My sister said she did this with Cecilia and it only lasted about 4 days.

I guess I'll have to be strong and not give in. It's so hard though. All I want to do is make him better...We'll see how tonight goes. I'll keep you posted. And eventually get you some new pictures and some stats on baby Dom!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Meg sweetie, you don't have to let them cry through the night. Have you considered getting The No-Cry Sleep Solution or another book? There are a lot of helpful hints in there that can get you back on track. I'm not judging, just giving another possible suggestion. Love ya!