Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Winery Trip




If you couldn't tell, I'm kind of running through all the things we did this weekend. Monday we went to Crown Valley winery in St. Genevieve.

Nick, Andrew and Dad left early and went golfing first. Mom, Angie and I left around 10:30 and went straight to the winery. We did the wine tasting. You get to try 5 different wines (and two freebies - the red and white wines of the month) and get a glass. We brought a ton of food. Cheese and crackers, grapes, cantaloupe, strawberries, watermelon, bread, and homemade chicken salad. It was delicious.

Nick, Dad and Andrew met us after a few hours and we had some more wine and lunch. The winery is just gorgeous. And there was a band that played some really great 80's music.

Mom and Dad left first and Angie, Andrew, Nick and I (and the kiddos) decided to stay a little longer. When it was time to leave I realized that I left my car keys in my mom's purse. Luckily, Nick had his keys to my car so we were able to get home ok, but had to go to my parents house to get my keys. We did all this and as soon as we got home, we put Dommie down and we went to bed. We were in bed by 9:30 last night!

It seemed like with a good night's sleep, everything would be great today...wrong!

We forgot that Nick drove his truck to Angie and Andrew's to go to the winery. So Nick took my car to go and get his car! I had to call Mike and get a ride to my car today before we could go into work! Thank goodness Mike is a great friend! He came and brought me to my car so now everything is back to normal!

Despite the bad things, it was a great day yesterday. Good wine. Good food. Good family. Good weather. And good music. What else can you ask for??

No comments: