Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dominick Updates

Dominick has lots of updates that I have to blog about!

Dominick has been crawling for about a month and a half now and pulling himself to a standing for almost a month, but now he is even more mobile! He used to only be able to pull himself to a standing if he could grab on to something, like the coffee table or couch. Not anymore. If he can balance against something, he is up. In the picture below, Nick, Andrew, Angela and I were all outside. Angela and I were on the sidewalk and Nick was taking our picture (the marathon picture in the previous post) while Andrew was watching Dom through the screen door. Well Dom wanted to be with us. He crawled to the glass door and stood up just leaning against the door! (It was a challenge getting back in without knocking him down - let me tell ya!)

So now he is just standing all over the place (but still not completely on his own). Not only is he standing but he is walking around the furniture! If he is holding onto the coffee table and he wants something on the other side, he'll walk along the coffee table while holding on to get around it. Walking?!?!? Again, not on his own, but still!

Well, as if that wasn't enough, now Dommie has discovered stairs. And he can CLIMB UP THEM! This is the update that terrifies me the most, because he doesn't understand going down them and sometimes he loses his balance. Now don't get me wrong, we never leave him near stairs without us in arm's reach. We actually don't usually even let him near the stairs period, but last night I was downstairs with Nick and Dom, and I went upstairs and Dom tried to follow me. Nick was with him the whole time, but Dom crawled to the stairs and proceeded to climb up the first few steps (with Nick's hand on his back). How scary is that?? My baby isn't a baby anymore! He's a little man.

AND, Dommie now has 4 teeth! The top two are just starting to cut through his gums but they are there. They are coming in together. So my baby has 4 teeth! That's crazy too!

He is starting to talk more and more. His favorite sounds are still da-da, but we're getting some pretty good ba-ba's, ya-ya's and even a few na-na's. Still no ma-ma's, but we'll get there soon enough.

Dommie is beginning to be a Daddy's boy now too. He loves coming to me if Daddy's not around but if his Daddy is there, look out. He squirms to get out of my arms and into Nick's and then just waves bye-bye to me. Little stinker. I would be offended by this but when I pick him up from daycare, his face still lights up to see me, so he likes me ok still! :)

That's all the news I can think of right now, but my baby is growing like a weed so look out for more updates soon!

No comments: