Thursday, September 30, 2010

GREAT Wednesday!

Yesterday was a good day. I took a vacation day since I had so many things going on already. Work just wasn't going to happen!

I got up, normal time, and got Dom ready for Ms. Stella's. I dropped him off and then got on the road. I drove to St. John's Hospital and headed down to the Perinatal Center. I was the first one there. I took a seat, busted out my kindle and waited.

It wasn't long and I got called back to the ultrasound room. They lubed up my belly and away we went! It's so amazing to see everything. I hate being high risk, but at the same time I'm so lucky to be high risk. This was my 5th ultrasound this pregnancy, and I'm only 14 weeks. I know people who only get two their ENTIRE pregnancy. I don't know how those women do it! ;-) I am so accustomed to seeing the baby at least once a month.

Anyway, back to the u/s. So we started out by taking the regular measurements they have to do every u/s. Head size. Crown to Rump Length. That sort of thing. And to be honest, I was a little nervous. The baby wasn't moving at all during this and I hadn't seen the baby's heart yet. But then the tech zoomed in and I got to listen to the most beautiful sound in the world, the baby's heartbeat! It was beating away at 153 bpm (girl maybe???).

After the heartbeat we took some other pictures. An arm. A Leg. A hand. A face. We were trying to get a good profile picture since the head on pictures are a little scary right now, but no such luck. The baby was staring right at the ultrasound wand the entire time. So we have a few creepy pictures to share!





No view on whether it's a boy or a girl yet but we'll definitely be able to find out at my next appointment at the Perinatal Center or might be able to find out at my next doc appointment if he does another ultrasound in the office.

I scheduled my next appointment (not for 6 more weeks....grr!) when I'll be 20 weeks for the big anatomy scan and then I was on my way.

I had to run by my office to drop off two baseball tickets for Mike and then I headed home. I got home around 10:15. I didn't have much time to waste. I put a load of laundry in, grabbed a few trash bags, and headed out to the car to clean it out in case we had to bring anyone home. Got the car cleaned out, then ran back in the house to change the laundry and grab my kindle. Then I headed out to get gas and go get Nick.

It was a good thing I called him on my way because he didn't have any casual clothes with him! So I ran back home and grabbed him shorts, tee shirt, socks and shoes and was back on the road. I picked him up from his job site in Bellefontaine (totally spelled wrong I think...). We were on our way downtown by about 11:55.

We had free parking passes (thanks Mom and Dad!) so we went straight to a garage and got to park on the "reserve" parking level. Nick changed in the backseat and then we headed to the ballpark. At first we were kind of disappointed because all the regular starters weren't playing. All the minor league players were in the starting line up. But then it was actually pretty neat to see all the new faces. And even better, THEY WON!



It was a good game, but a FAST game. The game started at 12:40 and was over by 2:10. It was crazy. We decided to go to a bar afterward since we didn't have to get Dom for another few hours. We tried going to Mercury, but they were closed, so we went to JoeBuck's. And I'm glad we did! The Bud people were there promoting Budweister. Our table got free beer (which I gladly gave to Mike and Nick) and we all got Bud Beads and Keychains. I also got a T-Shirt that says "Grab some BUDS". :)

After Joe Buck's, Nick and I went home to get Dommie. Then we went right back on the road to go back downtown to Hooters at Kiener Plaza. I know most people think I'm crazy but I LOVE Hooters. The food I mean. It's amazing. Their wings and Buffalo Shrimp are SO good! So we met Mike and Nicole back at Hooters. Dommie got an amazing Hot Dog ;-) and we got wings. It was a good end to the night.

After dinner, we headed home and let Dommie watch an episode of the Backyardigans before bringing him up to bed. We put him down around 8:15, and I went down right after him! I think I was asleep by 9. It was great! :)

Today, it's back to work. But only one more day and it's the weekend again! I think I could get used to being off on Wednesdays..... Something to think about....

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: