Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy Weekend

This was by far, the busiest weekend we've had since I've been pregnant. First, Friday night Nick and I hosted a game night with some friends. Angela, Andrew, Chris, Carrie, Mary and Kristen all came over to play games. We talked politics for about the first hour and then played Taboo (my team won!). All afternoon/early evening Nick and I were hustling, trying to get appetizers ready and the house "company worthy". It was busy, but a fun night.

Saturday we drove to Hermann to my Aunt Jane and Uncle Don's house to celebrate my Grammie's birthday. The drive was long (especially since Dominick is getting more and more active and his new kicks are starting to get painful!) but the country was beautiful! We had a nice afternoon there, but it wore me out! I slept the whole drive home and made Nick drive.

Sunday morning I was still exhausted but Nick and I were hosting "3rd Sundays". That is a tradition my sister started with our family about a year ago. To make sure that we are all seeing each other enough, we take turns hosting the family dinner the 3rd Sunday of every month. That way, if we are super busy, we still see each other at least once a month (It's almost always more than that, but just in case!). Well, it was our turn, so Nick got up to go work on his mom's basement and I got up to start lunch/dinner. We decided to do a late lunch instead so we could watch football. (GO RAMS!) so I had the great idea to make chili. A nice, hot bowl of chili when the weather is cold and you are watching football. Well, I've never made chili before, so it was quite the run around Sunday morning to make this chili for the family. I decided to do a crock pot recipe (by the way, crock pots are the best invention, ever). And it turned out really well I think. However, with Nick working all morning at his mom's, I was left to do everything at our house by myself. Thank goodness we had company over Friday and our house was pretty much clean from that! Luckily, Nick got home before company arrived and it was a good Sunday. Unfortunately, Cecilia wasn't having a good day, so Angela and Andrew didn't stay long, but it was still a fun afternoon.

Needless to say, I'm beyond exhausted today. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the week!

No comments: