Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 27

I get emails everyday from a website called "Being Babyfit". They range from telling me about my pregnancy, to nutrition, to exercise, to taking care of an infant, etc. Today I am officially 27 weeks pregnant. I'm measuring ahead usually so I don't know how far I am according the doctor yet, but we'll go with 27 weeks right now.

This is what my email said today:

"..in Week 27

Baby Can Suck His Thumb!



Your baby can suck his thumb now, which is actually a good thing! It helps calm him, while also helping to strengthen jaw muscles and encourage the suckling reflex. Your baby can even cry now, but you won't be able to hear him."

I'm so excited that Dominick can suck his thumb now! I don't know why, but I think those are the cutest ultrasound pictures. He probably needed to suck his thumb last night! I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and it felt like he was having a dance party in my stomach! I don't know if he was just really active, or if he was freaking out about something, but he sure was moving!

27 weeks down...13 more to go!!

No comments: