Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Kicking is even cooler

Yesterday was a rough day for me. At the last dr. appointment I had, my dr. made a strange (at the time) comment to me. He told me that he perceives me as a person who likes to do a lot and take on a lot of responsibilities. (That wasn't the strange part, so if you are laughing at that part, stop. :) ) Then he told me that I am in for a rude awakening when my body can't do as much as it used to. I thought that was strange. At the beginning of this pregnancy, I was exhausted all the time. But lately it had been better. Well, I'm starting to see his point. After a normal work day for me yesterday, I got home and started to do a load of laundry. I took the stuff out of the dryer and put it in a basket....I put a load of colors in the wash....I separated the rest of the clothes into two piles, darks and whites....and that was it for the evening! That completely wore me out!! I don't know if it was the bending over constantly, or just standing for a long time (since I'm used to sitting at a desk all day) or what, but I was completely beat.

I had to lay down. I laid on the couch until Nick got home and then we went up to bed (at like 7:30) because I had to rest. He watched TV and I pulled my shirt up from my belly and put my hands on my belly. Dominick likes to kick at night so this is the best time to feel him moving. He wasn't moving a whole lot so I took my hands off of my belly and just started at it. And then I saw it! A big kick, right by my belly button! I saw his little foot (or hand...maybe he was punching me?) bulge up. It was the coolest thing! I mean, it's neat to feel a kick, but to see him kicking! That's pretty cool too. I tried to get him to do it for Nick, but of course when Nick watched, nothing. If Nick would start watching TV again, he would kick. It was really neat to see though!

And now, yes, Nick is back to thinking that Dominick doesn't like his Daddy...

No comments: